Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Congratulations, you’re now a website owner and well on your way to starting your own blog. Next step is to set up WordPress.
If you still need to sign up for hosting, click on How To Sign Up For Web Hosting
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool. It is probably one of the most versatile and most powerful blogging and website builders available today.
Bluehost provides a ‘one-click-installation’ option for beginners so that you can get a WordPress website up and running within just a few seconds.
1) Now that you have your domain name and hosting, log into your Bluehost account and you’ll be redirected to your control panel. From there choose ‘Install WordPress’.
2) You will be redirected to the “Mojo marketplace”, where you’ll be able to install WordPress with their one-click-installation:
3) Once you have clicked on the ‘Install’ button, you’ll be able to select the domain that you chose earlier.
The white box after the forward-slash ‘/ directory’ can be left blank. If you choose to enter something in the directory then your site will be installed to YourNewDomain.com/whateveryouwroteindirectory (and you’ll have to type in that full name every time you want to access your WordPress website). If you leave it blank, it’ll be installed straight to your root domain – YourNewDomain.com.
It is recommended that you leave it blank.
4) The installer will check that everything is in order.
Sometimes the Bluehost/Mojo installation panel might say that “Some files already exist in that location“. This is just the default index.html page they’re referencing. Override it by clicking ‘Continue’.
You will notice that MOJO Marketplace has already given your site a title ‘My Site’. It uses your email address as the username and entered a random strong password. You can change all of these settings to whatever and whenever you like. You also need to tick the terms and conditions checkbox.
Click on the Install Now button.
Your installation will begin, and you will be able to see the progress as the install progresses. It will take a few minutes for this process. You will need to wait on this page for it to finish.
Once the installation is finished, you will see a success message with a view credentials button.
You have successfully installed WordPress. On the top right you can View Credentials.
Here you will get the installation status and notice. You’ll then be provided with links to your site and Admin area along with the username and password you will need to log in.
Congratulations!! You’re all done.
You should now have a fully functioning WordPress website with your own domain that you can start editing right away.
Other Links of Interest
- How To Pick A Niche For Your New Blog
- How To Choose Your Domain Name
- Getting Started With Social Media
- How To Write Your About Page
- How to Monetize Your Blog
- What are Sponsored Posts?
- What Are Sponsored Social Posts?
- What is Affiliate Income?
- How To Create Content For Other Sites